Psalm 51... in the light of the New Covenant of Christ

You have had mercy upon me, O Father, according to the riches of your grace and the multitude of your tender mercies. You've completely wiped out my transgressions and washed me thoroughly from my sin.

Courtesy of Shutterstock, Text by DR
I acknowledge to you now, not my sin, but my righteousness, according to your word; the Spirit convicts us of our righteousness, Your righteousness freely given to us by the sacrifice of Jesus on the cross. Though I was counted a sinner even in birth, born of the race of Adam, I am now forever counted a saint, for I am born of You, of the Spirit. You desire worshipers who worship you in Spirit and Truth and You have become my wisdom, Lord.

You have purified me with hyssop and I am clean because of the Word spoken to me. I am washed and whiter than snow. You have made me hear joy and gladness, the good news of Your Son crucified for me. You've healed me by Your stripes, Jesus!

You've hidden your face forevermore from my sins and put them all behind You. You've made me a new creation in You, and given me a clean heart, and renewed my spirit within me. You will never cast me from Your presence for You now live in me and Your Spirit shall never depart from me.

Restore to me the joy of your salvation and uphold me in your favor. And let all those around me see your grace upon me and turn to you longing to receive the tender mercies of Your love as well.

God of my salvation, my tongue shall sing aloud of Your righteousness. The high praises of my God are now on my lips and in my mouth. For you do not desire my sacrifice or burnt offerings... for who can give to you anything. No! You are the One who came to serve and not to be served. It was You Jesus, who offered Your Self as a burnt offering to forever cancel my guilt and condemnation.

Father, let your grace and glory fill the world like the water fills the oceans. Build us up now in our righteousness, for Jesus became sin that we would become Your righteousness (2 Cor 5:21)!

Let all who have hears to hear... hear! This is the work of Christ on the cross, this is your inheritance! Amen in Jesus' Name.

David Roiel
The Green Leaf Blog-Discover your inheritance!


Subscribe today to get these posts by email and look for my frequent eBook giveaways!

Just enter your email address below and click the subscribe button. Blessings be upon you! 




Oh and one more thing: My privacy guarantee - I'll never give away your email.






Comments